For the 30 Days Meme Second Semester, for the prompt “24) prompt: founding fathers”
Planners ‘Verse, the beginning of the story.
“It’s uncanny, Charlie, how you managed to pull everything out before the crash.” Ward Hudson sipped the Estes’ 30-year scotch and didn’t both to hide his frustrated envy.
“And damn kind of you to help us out,” Vince Howe added.
“Think nothing of it.” The thing was, with Charlie Estes, he probably meant it. “You two are savvy businessmen, I know you’ll be back on your feet in no time. Besides, I couldn’t leave your wives and children out in the cold, now could I? Especially not my sister.”
“Of course not,” Ward swigged more scotch.
In the drawing room, Charlie’s wife sat with her sister-in-law and best friend, sipping sherry and discussing the state of the world.
“You seem like you’re prepared for the Flood,” Jannie Howe commented, “and yet you were barely touched by the Panic.”
“Well, that’s the goal, isn’t it? Ward would have been fine if he’d listened to Ida, wouldn’t he have?”
“If he listened to anyone at all,” the frustrated woman agreed. “We would have been fine anyway, Jannie, but he was in such a panic… as if eating from our stores for a month would have killed him!”
Diana tch’d sympathetically. “And think of all the people who don’t have anything. There were riots downtown, did you know that?”
“I can’t blame them! Everything is falling apart.” Ida shook her head. “There ought to be someone to hold it all together.”
“Yes.” Diana looked towards the smoking room thoughtfully. “There ought to be.”
1a) the story starts with the words “It’s going down.” (LJ Link)
1b) the story starts with the words “It’s going down.” (LJ Link)
2) write a scene that takes place in a train station.
3) the story must involve a goblet and a set of three [somethings]
4) prompt: one for the road
5) write a story using an imaginary color
6) write the pitch for a new Final Fantasy styled RPG (LJ Link)
7) prompt: frigid (LJ Link)
8) write a scene in the middle of a novel called “The Long, Dirty Afterwards” (LJ)
9) prompt: mourning dead gods (LJ)
10) write a story set in three different time periods. (LJ)
11) Write a movie trailer style trailer for a story, existing or not-yet-written. (LJ)
12) prompt: sweet iced tea (LJ)
13) re-write a story that everyone knows (LJ)
14) write a vanilla story dealing with kinky subject matter (LJ)
15) prompt: ascension (LJ)
16) write a scene that takes place at the end of a long road trip. (LJ)
17) write an uncomfortable story (LJ)
18) prompt: a step too far (LJ
19) write a story in which something goes BOOM. )LJ)
20) Write the end of the story ‘The Purple Bag. (LJ)
21) Roll a d20 twice. Combine the themes of the two previous stories for those numbers. (LJ)
22) Prompt: White Knight (LJ)
23) write a scene that takes place in a place that is war-torn (LJ)
24) prompt: founding fathers
This entry was originally posted at http://aldersprig.dreamwidth.org/123996.html. You can comment here or there.