Happy New Year!
Yesterday, I spent from about 8 to about 10 writing, adding in a little more after that and wrapping up just in time to kiss my husband, feed the cats, and go to sleep in 2020.
I wrote a total of 14,026 words yesterday. Not only did I beat my 2018 Livewriting total (10,000) (in 2017: 7519), I blew it out of the water.
I’m pretty happy with that! I got prompts from new prompters, which makes me even happier (I love getting prompts from my constant people and I love getting prompts from new people, too), prompts from some long-term readers and Patrons, and may have started a new serial.
All in all, in 2019 I wrote 810,016 words, 8% more than in 2018. I finished (yes, some debate on one of those) three blog serials and Edally and… I’m not sure if I started any new settings!
In 2020, I want to focus on the following, in re. writing:
- Submit at least 1 story every 2 months
- Get caught up and stay caught up with Patreon (this is mostly non-writing; i.e., maps and chapbooks, right now)
- Find one more way to promote my writing and keep up with it at least monthly (suggestions?)
- Clean up and self-pub one novel, pref. 2
- Finish 1 novel (pref 2), edit, submit for publication
- Work on improving my Weak Spots of Writing
- Fun Goal: Beat 2019’s monthly, weekly, daily, and yearly wordcounts.
- I want to say “get more Patrons” but that’s not in my hands. I can write and talk about my writing and promote it but I can’t manufacture Patrons.
I will try to keep something similar to my recent publishing schedule: stories on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and/or Saturday, one-shots or blog posts slipping in on Tues and/or Thursday.
I have several new series or mini-series either in the works or in consideration right now, so there may be a few weird weeks while I get caught up.
But all in all, I think it will be a good year!
Cheers, and thanks for all your reading and comments in 2019!
Since I like playing on 4thewords, this little bug monster says I need to add a little bit more to this blog post.
Webpage goals for 2020 include:
- *find an effective plug-in which lets me:
- Automagically crosspost to Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, and maybe Mastodon
- Automagically crosspost to Dreamwidth and NOT continue to re-crosspost every time I change anything in the post.
- Finish my Settings Page and my Fae Apoc landing page
- Start a New Readers Page of some sort which suggests places for, well, new readers to begin
- Complete the Great Patreon Crossposting and the Tag and Category Clean-up