For the 30 Days Meme Second Semester, for the prompt “22) Prompt: White Knight
Fae Apoc, Addergoole, Year 23 (a generation after the story)
Audra never saw whose foot tripped her – she had been studying the paintings on the walls, her head, as her brother would say – in the clouds – but she noticed the boy who offered her a hand up. He was, she had to admit, rather handsome, even if the single black curl hanging in his face looked a little silly.
“Thank you,” she said, as he helped her to her feet, and then, because it seemed like thanks were kind of lame, she said the next thing that came to her head. “My mother told me all the white knights were dead.”
“They aren’t,” a voice from behind her rumbled. “But you have to know where to find them.”
The boy in front of her tensed, a frown coming across his face like a cloud. Audra turned, carefully, setting her back to the wall as she’d been taught, to see the other… rescuer?
“And where would I look for them?” she asked the pale-skinned tall boy with the prominent nose.
“Right here,” the first one insisted. “I’m Carrig, by the way.”
“Carrig,” the second one inserted warningly, “there’s something to be said for not misrepresenting yourself. Miss, I’m Chaney.”
“Audra,” she answered, feeling less and less rescued and more trapped between two dragons. “sh’Kailani,” she added, feeling petulant. See: the new student wasn’t entirely ignorant of the Laws.
“Pleased to meet you, Audra,” Chaney smiled. “Need help finding your room?”
She looked between the two of them uncertainly. “Yes?” she offered. It was going to be an interesting year.
1a) the story starts with the words “It’s going down.” (LJ Link)
1b) the story starts with the words “It’s going down.” (LJ Link)
2) write a scene that takes place in a train station.
3) the story must involve a goblet and a set of three [somethings]
4) prompt: one for the road
5) write a story using an imaginary color
6) write the pitch for a new Final Fantasy styled RPG (LJ Link)
7) prompt: frigid (LJ Link)
8) write a scene in the middle of a novel called “The Long, Dirty Afterwards” (LJ)
9) prompt: mourning dead gods (LJ)
10) write a story set in three different time periods. (LJ)
11) Write a movie trailer style trailer for a story, existing or not-yet-written. (LJ)
12) prompt: sweet iced tea (LJ)
13) re-write a story that everyone knows (LJ)
14) write a vanilla story dealing with kinky subject matter (LJ)
15) prompt: ascension (LJ)
16) write a scene that takes place at the end of a long road trip. (LJ)
17) write an uncomfortable story (LJ)
18) prompt: a step too far (LJ
19) write a story in which something goes BOOM. )LJ)
20) Write the end of the story ‘The Purple Bag. (LJ)
21) Roll a d20 twice. Combine the themes of the two previous stories for those numbers. (LJ)
22) Prompt: White Knight
This entry was originally posted at http://aldersprig.dreamwidth.org/123052.html. You can comment here or there.