For the 30 Days Meme Second Semester, for the prompt “26) Prompt: Elemental .”
Started out Stranded world, ended up misc misc.
“You’re wild,” he murmured, his hand tracing the line of her hip and flank, the tattoos inked there, the flesh stretched over the bone. “Elemental. Untamed. Like a volcano, like a waterfall. Unrestrained, untamed.”
“I wasn’t that loud,” she chuckled, both embarrassed and amused by his effluvient praise.
“You know what I meant,” he protested, smiling as if she’d said something very clever.
“I do,” she admitted. Others had said similar things. Others had eventually said those things as complaints, instead of praise. Instead of saying those things, things that were relationship taboo, she said instead, “even the waterfall and the volcano bend to natural law, my love.”
“I’m not sure you do,” he admitted, a little bit of his nervousness showing through. “When you’re dancing, I’m never certain if gravity really applies to you, and when you really get going, I’m pretty sure you break a couple laws of thermodynamics.”
Dancing. She traced his ribs with her fingertip, wondering why it was dancing this time. “Gravity applies,” she assured him. She wasn’t going to lie, but that was different than telling him the whole truth. “And I bow to all of nature’s laws, my beautiful darling.”
“Just not to society’s.” Now, he sounded jealous. “Some day, I worry, someone will burn you at the stake for all of that, wildflower. The outcast can’t live.”
“But I do.” She pressed a kiss to his sternum, and hoped he’d forget. “I do.”
1a) the story starts with the words “It’s going down.” (LJ Link)
1b) the story starts with the words “It’s going down.” (LJ Link)
2) write a scene that takes place in a train station.
3) the story must involve a goblet and a set of three [somethings]
4) prompt: one for the road
5) write a story using an imaginary color
6) write the pitch for a new Final Fantasy styled RPG (LJ Link)
7) prompt: frigid (LJ Link)
8) write a scene in the middle of a novel called “The Long, Dirty Afterwards” (LJ)
9) prompt: mourning dead gods (LJ)
10) write a story set in three different time periods. (LJ)
11) Write a movie trailer style trailer for a story, existing or not-yet-written. (LJ)
12) prompt: sweet iced tea (LJ)
13) re-write a story that everyone knows (LJ)
14) write a vanilla story dealing with kinky subject matter (LJ)
15) prompt: ascension (LJ)
16) write a scene that takes place at the end of a long road trip. (LJ)
17) write an uncomfortable story (LJ)
18) prompt: a step too far (LJ
19) write a story in which something goes BOOM. )LJ)
20) Write the end of the story ‘The Purple Bag. (LJ)
21) Roll a d20 twice. Combine the themes of the two previous stories for those numbers. (LJ)
22) Prompt: White Knight (LJ)
23) write a scene that takes place in a place that is war-torn (LJ)
24) prompt: founding fathers (LJ)
25) write a story set in a library LJ
26) Prompt: Elemental
This entry was originally posted at http://aldersprig.dreamwidth.org/125694.html. You can comment here or there.