For the 30 Days Meme Second Semester, for the prompt “29) (from Lilifluff) Randomly pick a number between 1 and 28 (Random.Org) . Re-write that prompt as a Spaghetti Western or Melodrama.”
I got 19, and am writing a continuation to #19, though it seems I can’t write either Spaghetti Western or Melodrama.
She rode into town like a whirlwind, a mad mink of a girl with fire in her eyes and capture on her mind. She had a tongue smooth as silk and her lies were like a lasso, ropin’ me in.
I shoulda seen her coming, I suppose, but what can a man do when she blinks at him like that with big doe eyes and whispers her magic sweet as honey? No spider ever wove a web so neatly as she did, there in that parking lot. And I, damn fool I am, walked right into it.
So there I was, sitting in her trap, in her car, staring at the cowgirl who’d done me in. Trussed up with her magic as surely as if she’d tied me to the back of her horse. And getting carried off, too, abducted. Damn. And here I’d thought I was done with Hell.
“It could be a lot worse,” she told me, cool as a cucumber. I found I had a voice again.
“It could?” Hell could always be hotter, I suppose. But she was a pretty hot shade of damnation already.
“I could be a sadistic predator who’d just gotten you in my clutches.”
“You’re not?” She sure as hell had me in her clutches, after all, and wasn’t doing anything not to gloat about it.
“I’m not sadistic, at least,” she admitted, smiling so sweetly at me. I wondered about diving out of the car. It couldn’t hurt that bad, could it? Going ninety miles an hour on paved roads – Ellehemaei could survive anything. I reached for the door handle, slow and subtle like. “And I’m not out to hurt you, which is more than I can say for the road.”
“People who kidnap you aren’t generally out to give you a nice night on the town.” The road did look awfully hard.
“One year.” Chill and calm, like she wasn’t asking me to walk on hot coals. “Be mine for one year.”
Boom. And that was the trap slamming shut.
1a) the story starts with the words “It’s going down.” (LJ Link)
1b) the story starts with the words “It’s going down.” (LJ Link)
2) write a scene that takes place in a train station.
3) the story must involve a goblet and a set of three [somethings]
4) prompt: one for the road
5) write a story using an imaginary color
6) write the pitch for a new Final Fantasy styled RPG (LJ Link)
7) prompt: frigid (LJ Link)
8) write a scene in the middle of a novel called “The Long, Dirty Afterwards” (LJ)
9) prompt: mourning dead gods (LJ)
10) write a story set in three different time periods. (LJ)
11) Write a movie trailer style trailer for a story, existing or not-yet-written. (LJ)
12) prompt: sweet iced tea (LJ)
13) re-write a story that everyone knows (LJ)
14) write a vanilla story dealing with kinky subject matter (LJ)
15) prompt: ascension (LJ)
16) write a scene that takes place at the end of a long road trip. (LJ)
17) write an uncomfortable story (LJ)
18) prompt: a step too far (LJ
19) write a story in which something goes BOOM. )LJ)
20) Write the end of the story ‘The Purple Bag. (LJ)
21) Roll a d20 twice. Combine the themes of the two previous stories for those numbers. (LJ)
22) Prompt: White Knight (LJ)
23) write a scene that takes place in a place that is war-torn (LJ)
24) prompt: founding fathers (LJ)
25) write a story set in a library LJ
26) Prompt: Elemental LJ
27) write a story using only one period. (LJ)
28) write a story set in a laundromat (LJ)
29)…Re-write that prompt as a Spaghetti Western or Melodrama
This entry was originally posted at http://aldersprig.dreamwidth.org/127331.html. You can comment here or there.