I’ve been thinking.
In the last, say, six years, I’ve bought books:
* Because a friend lent me the first book and I don’t want to wait for them to finish the next in a series.
* Because a friend lent me the first few and I want to re-read the series.
* Because I met the author on livejournal and she was cool
* Because I met the author on Twitter and she was cool
* Because I met the author in person and she was cool
(The “she” in the last three examples is specific; they were all female).
* Because the cover intrigued me.
What about you?
This entry was originally posted at http://aldersprig.dreamwidth.org/327125.html. You can comment here or there.