She watched the pebble flow true and thunk hard against a forehead before she had time to process who was standing there. No weapons out, no Imperial insignia, not someone she knew — they looked startled and took three steps back.
She dropped her slingshot in a pouch and grabbed her longknife. “Hello.” If they had darts, they’d be going for a pouch; a wrist-dagger, they’d be shifting their wrist, a sword or blade, reaching for their back or thigh. Sher shifted her weight to her back leg and got ready to block with a wrist or an elbow if she had to.
The woman had her hand halfway to her neck when the “Hello” seemed to make her pause. With her hand still hanging in the air over her shoulder, she cleared her throat. “Hello.”
“Are you here to kill me?” The woman had the same blonde Bear-family hair as Deline, the same blue eyes and broad shoulders. Probably not a Deklegion bounty hunter, but it didn’t do to take stupid risks.
“Depends.” The woman rubbed her forehead where the rock had hit her. “Who are you?”Continue reading →
* Sent out 26 initial letters or postcards, to which I received 6 replies, to which I’ve replied, so far, to 4, with one more almost ready to mail
(32, 6 in)
* Received 6 initial letters, to which I’ve replied, so far, to 4, with one more almost ready to mail
(32+4 = 36; 6+6=12)
* Received one reply to my reply, which I’ve replied to. (Total: 37 out, 13 in)
I mailed out two letters already today as well, both initial.
I wrote to:
* 5 relatives, with 4 more planned
* 10 complete strangers (from Twitter and the LetterMo and InCoWriMo sites)
* People I’ve known for years
* People I only know on Discord or Mastodon
* 1 person who used to live with me
* 1 person I met through 4TheWords
And, as far as I know, I have had one piece of mail completely lost in, well, the mail.
I plan to:
finish my list of people-to-write-to, so if you haven’t gotten a letter yet and you asked for one, have faith! It will get there.
Write back to everyone who wrote to me
Take the 10th, 20th, and 30th of each month to write out letters to people or reply to letters I get in the meantime.
Finish my STAMP card eventually (LetterMo Bingo, shown below)