Today, so far, I/we (T & I) have:
* Pulled the chest freezer out from the garage, thawed it, and cleaned up the exploded apple goo from the bottom (Cider jugs have a variable amount of headspace. Sometimes it’s not enough.)
* Run a batch of tiny apples from the Spare Trees through the squeezo set up on the mixer (T. chopped ’em and put ’em to boil a couple days ago)
* Boiled down the last of the pico de gallo from the company picnic into a passable tomato sauce & froze that
* Picked more tiny apples
(* took a nap)
(* Had a very tasty fried egg & jowl bacon w/ pico de gallo & chives for breakfast and very nice not-at-all-traditional latkes w/ more chives and sour cream for lunch)
* cut new supports for the mailbox front out of plastic wood
* Made a sour cream apple coffee cake (it’s currently in the oven) (this recipe) with sour cream from the company picnic
(The company picnic was catered by Moe’s. Next up are fried cinnamon-and-sugar tortilla chips…)
* Pick more apples, take a walk, write the last kitty Patreon piece for the month, do some Day Job, maybe do some Edally & This Other Project Thing writing. Have dinner, hang out with husband, pet cats.
* Clean up the kitchen, put the freezer back in the barn
This entry was originally posted at http://aldersprig.dreamwidth.org/986804.html. You can comment here or there.