Originally posted on Patreon in July 2018 and part of the Great Patreon Crossposting to WordPress.
- Fae Apoc was born because I wanted to write a serial like Tales of MU (long-running modern-esque fantasy university serial with a heavy dose of BDSM and many other kinks). It came off of the Tír na Cali setting and, as such, there’s still some visible similarities, even beyond the collars.
- Other elements in the Fae Apoc ‘verse came from three short stories I was working on, one based on things I had wanted out of a roleplay reincarnation set-up and never gotten and the other two having heavy overtones of a group of people I used to live with. (Midnight Cigarette, Wings, and a piece whose title I don’t remember). Oh! And a piece I don’t think I ever finished about closing portals.
- The core words in the Ellehemaei lexicon came from a babble-language that I used to speak to myself, although they were nudged a bit for consistency.
- “Kept/Keeper” was originally supposed to be one casual term out of many; that’s part of the reason that in more recent serial stories I’ve been trying on different terms
- The Laws of the Ellehemaei were literally written to screw the protagonists. Of course, in-setting, they were made to screw with (punish, control) the fae, so this works out pretty well.
- Fae Apoc is the only setting currently that will be willed to someone other than my husband on my death (Inspector Caracal).
- I have only sold one published story out of Fae Apoc – Monster Godmother (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NUOIEEC/ref=cm_sw_su_dp)